Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cinema Feature: City of Bones

August 2013 | Cinema Feature

August 21, 2013 | IMDB

The hit of the fall is coming soon The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. This is a book to movie adaptation of the first book in the Cassandra Clare series The Mortal Instruments. Honestly, if you have never read these book and can appreciate anything Young Adult and/or Paranormal then you are seriously missing out.

These books were some of the first things that I read coming out of college and I was instantly enamored with them. Cassandra Clare has created such an intricate story with twists and turns the likes of which I had never encountered. The fact that Hollywood has decided to make one my favorites into a movie has me on the excited side to say the least.

I fashion that I will be sporting rune tattoos and buttons on opening weekend; a journey that will lead me to the cinemas with long time friend Natasha from Kentucky Geek Girl. This movie is about Clary Fray who finds herself wrapped up in a world of Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters are demon fighters whose blood has been touched and blessed by the angel Raziel. This journey takes us across worlds of reality and the hidden where the vampires and the villains lurk but you are never sure who is what or who to trust.

Check out the trailer and be sure to stay tuned after its opening weekend for a review!


Did I mention that this stars Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey), James Moriarty (Jared Harris), and King Henry VII (Jonathan Rhys Meyers)? Oh, well it does! They appear alongside the stars of the film Lily Collins & Jamie Campbell Bower!

1 comment:

  1. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is going to be playing Dracula too! Can't wait for the movie! And I WILL finish the book this week.

    ReplyDelete