Saturday, May 18, 2013

This Cake is Not a Lie

Geek /gēk/
1. A person with an eccentric devotion to a particular interest

Try as I might, I may never find a better word that could be used to define me. I obsess over many things and swoon over fictional heartthrobs. I live in fantasy worlds and sometimes pretend I'm a phoenix....or a superhero... But when it comes down to the nitty gritty, I am a girl. I'm a girl who likes geeky things and loves to blog.

I have had two relatively successful blogs that I have steered away from in the past. I was the blood elf behind A Healadin's Tear in 2010. I decided I could no longer contribute consistently to a World of Warcraft blog when I no longer played the game consistently through Cataclysm. That blog was popular and thrust me into a loving and wonderful community; it also brought to life a new side of my own creativity.

When I left that blog in 2011, I later that year started a new trek in my life. I had finally broken my addiction to World of Warcraft and I reconnected with my love of reading and so I started a book blog. Though I struggled with it, my reviews were well received and the blog started to gain momentum but a blog like that required my reading schedule to be heavy and even more heavily mandated and that wasn't something I was looking for in a creative outlet.

By now, most people would be thinking I am going to love 'em and leave 'em again but geek life is my life. It is something I read, watch, play, and live every single day and that is what makes this blog different. Passion. I plan to love this blog; love it, and pet it, and squeeze it, and call it George.

When it comes to this blog, I am terrified. It is like having a dream where I am facing the world standing on a stage in nothing but my underwear. My interests and my geek identity are to be laid bare. But there comes a time when you just have to jump in.

And in the words of The Doctor...
Allons-y!

1 comment: